Thursday, January 3, 2013

Take 2

As a mom, I find myself agonizing over certain decisions I make. It's an ache like no other. Motherhood is the most wonderful gift in the whole wide world. Contrary to what some people might believe, there is no handbook.
 
Photo: Snow!

I've only been a mother for five years, but I have three kids, so I can multiply that right? These first five years have been the most changing years I've ever had. They've been the years where I've learned the most about myself...Five years in and sometimes I barely recognize myself. Even though I mess up every single day (sometimes multiple times), I feel the most comfortable with me than I think I ever have in all my 29 years. (BTW, I'm going to refer to myself as 29 a lot this year). Tonight my heart is achy and in a few minutes it will be tomorrow and tomorrow is a new day. You see, I have three very loving, very forgiving little children who accept apologies and never hold anything over my head. Oh how thankful I am for that. Eating veggies and fruit at all three meals just isn't the most important thing. I get that. Noted.

Instead of playing drill sergeant for the past three days, I should have had my Bible out more.

"Pour out your heart like water before the face of the Lord.
Lift your hands toward Him
for the life of your young children."
 
Lamentations 2:19



Now I have someone to cuddle with. He sleeps with a sippy cup and rabbit.


No comments:

Post a Comment