Wednesday, June 12, 2013

So blue

I am so excited about the new look for our dining room table. It has been in my husband's family for a very long time. In fact, he grew up at this very table. It was where I had my very first meal with his mom and dad (the time his dad forgot my name during the prayer). But most of all, it was our very first table. It felt so big to us for those first few years. I always had a table cloth on it and had it staged "just so." A tough piece to part with...But, as I've learned over the years- you change...your family grows and certain pieces just last for a season or just work in a particular home. If I had a big house with a breakfast room and a separete dining area, this table would be just perfect, but I don't, so I think it's time to part with her.
 
This dining table represents a lot of happiness for our family, so I wanted to paint her in a happy color. What's more happy than duck egg? The original color is oak. I first painted it in the color grain sack, but it wasn't right, so I put a coat of duck egg on top...rubbed in just the right places, stepped back, and knew it was the right finish.
 


 
I love this table round, but it has 2 leaves, so it can easily seat six. Email me if you're interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment