Thursday, June 13, 2013

Refined.

 
A couple of months ago, our Sunday school class did a study by Gary Thomas called Sacred Parenting. If you haven't heard of it, I strongly encourage you to read the book or look into the videos. They are really incredible.
 
Until I participated in the Sacred Parenting study, I had viewed my children as blessings and felt it a true honor to be their mommy. I will always see them that way, but there was a shift that the study caused in me- parenting is a spiritual discipline. Right? Like one of the hardest. The book states, "caring for children is such an effective discipline in shaping our souls and forming the character of Christ within us." Children have a great affect on us, don't they? They make a love well up inside of us like we've never known before...They also make the crazy side of us well up like we've never known before :) Not that I know of that crazy side...
 
 
What areas do you feel actively refined in? Is it in your patience, like me?

No comments:

Post a Comment