Thursday, June 20, 2013

A before & after look at our new dining chairs

I couldn't decide what color to paint these dining chairs. I thought that I was going to paint them black and I may at some point, but I decided to go with French Linen and antiquing wax in all the floral swirl carvings. We spend a lot of time in our dining room. We eat in here, play in here, and have school in here. I love how much light it gets during the day, but at night, without an overhead light or many lamps, it gets nearly too dark to enjoy. So...black chairs just felt like the wrong way to go. What do you think? They're a coat heavier than the china cabinet.

before

after

 
So that's them. These are the chairs our family will sit at every day. The ones they will spill things in...where they will learn...where stories will be told...where my children will complain about what I feed them...Sweet memories for my soul.
 
 
Linking up to No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party!

No comments:

Post a Comment