Thursday, December 20, 2012

Chill Pill

Christmas is just around the corner and I can't wait! I feel like it snuck up on me this year. I'm behind on family gifts...I do apologize :)
 
 
I tried to run errands today, but I didn't get around to all of them. Zipping three little ones in and out of stores is an accomplishment, even when it ends in a fit and when I say "ends in a fit," I'm not talking about our 5 year old...our 3 year old...or our one year old...Mama had one today. It didn't really have anything to do with the kids at all. They were getting compliment after compliment from the store workers (makes a Mama proud). My hands just felt full today. There were about a million people out today and they all were exhibiting their best driving skills, and everywhere you looked were glistening breakables dangling on the isles, screaming break me, break me. Made me a nervous wreck. Ha!
 
On my way home, I turned up the Christmas tunes and in between songs, a lady started talking about the end of the world tomorrow chatter and she said, "If today was your last day, how would you spend it?" Wow. My answer came so quickly and was the very opposite of what I had spent the last hour and a half doing. So now I'm home...Ahhh...I spoke with the honey, my dear sweet friend, and am soaking up my children. They're my little loves and they're just perfect in every way. It's been a good day.
 
This year will be a quiet Christmas for us, which is just how we like it. Well, as quiet as it can get with three little ones bouncing around with screeching happiness :)
 
 
I found this really neat post titled, The Hush Among the Hustle, from Candace Cameron Bure (AKA: DJ) and I'm thinking of doing this...
 
 
And I pray that you, bring rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord's holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge- that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
Ephesians 3:17-19
 
 
 
Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment