Friday, November 9, 2012

Sweet Potato Souffle

 
This is my very first blog post of Le Roux and I am super excited! I enjoy reading Kelly's Korner, so I couldn't think of a better way to kick things off than to participate in SUYL's Favorite Side Dish Recipe and since Thanksgiving is on the horizon, I thought I would share one you could use at your table this year.

All of our extended family lives in both Texas and Oklahoma, so most every holiday we spend alone. Though a family of five is never alone, right? :) Most times, it's absolutely perfect, other times, it would be nice to have some extra people around. Looking back, I think my most special Thanksgiving memory is after the honey and I had been married about year and a half. It was freezing cold, literally- sleeting, icy roads, but we needed to get out of the city, somewhere quiet and still. The mountains seemed perfect, so off we went- tonsillitis and all. It was wonderful. We had a cute little cabin stayed one night. We cuddled, watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, and ate the most expensive meal I think either of us had ever tasted.

Last year, we had the privilege of celebrating Thanksgiving with some friends of ours. They brought over the most yummy side dish ever! It was sweet and savory...absolutely the perfect addition to our holiday menu! It's called Sweet Potato Souffle and it's delectable!

photo via allrecipes.com
Recipe: 
Mix the following with a hand mixer...
2 cans of sweet potatoes (3 cups)
2 eggs
1/2 cup of soft butter
1/2 cup of milk
1/2 cup of sugar
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 tablespoon of vanilla
Place in buttered shallow baking dish (we used an 8 x 8 dish)
Topping...
1 cup of brown sugar
1/3 cup of flour
1/3 cup of butter
1 cup of chopped pecans
Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment