Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Gettin busy with it


Today is going to be a busy day. The honey and I are getting ready to go on a mini vacation. He's talked me into doing a carry on. Blah. Maybe I can talk him into pulling it for me :) When I'm flying without the kids, which is rare, the freedom is so nice. Since we've had kids, the only time I've flown without them was about two years agao and I was pregnant with Calamity Jane, so that totally doesn't count. I am looking forward to carrying a purse. I haven't carried a purse is years. It'll be so nice to not the weighed down with diapers, wipes, sippy cups, snackies, books, cars, soldiers, Benadryl, Tylenol, teething tablets, and another just in case you have a layover mountain of extras. I know I will also miss that, but instead of focusing on missing the littles, I'm going to focus on this wonderful little vacation. Thank you, honey :) I'm going to soak it in. There's something about mommy getting away that's hard. Your heart hurts a little, but there's also something refreshing about it. You come back better- refocused and ready to jump back in with a new perspective.

I have a few minutes until school starts. Davy Crockett's blown through his Sonlight preschool, which I have really loved. Very sweet curriculum, Crockett just likes to do more than 1-2 worksheets most days. We're down down to our last of 4 workbooks. I'm just not ready for him to start kindergarten yet. #1: He's still little. #2: I haven't decided on a kindergarten cirriculum yet. There's so many great choices out there! And #3: I want to go to the homeschool convention in June before I make a cirriculum decision. Anyone up for babysitting? :) The Duggar's just happen to be one of the featured guest speakers!!! The honey probably thinks I'm a starstruck nerd and I probably am. I want to do whatever program they're doing, because what they're doing is producing wonderful little people. I'm wondering if Michelle Duggar is going to do a how to stay calm mommy tutorial. I'm there.

Well, better get a jump on the day! So much to do and I'm running out of time! A trip to Costco with three kids is in my near future. This is always interesting. If you see me, please don't ask me if my hands are full. They are :)

No comments:

Post a Comment