Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Morning thoughts with a side of coffee


Photo: Where's your elf today? Dobby is hiding out in the tree. Helping a mama put and keeping an eye on the children today ;)
 
I love Christmas time, don't you? I love my house smelling like cinnamon. I love the coziness the Christmas decor brings. I love plugging in the Christmas lights in the living room before the sun's even up. It makes the early morning a little happier. I love how excited my kids are this season.
 
With all the loves I have, this year I have realized that I need to be better- much better about making Jesus the focus. The daily focus. And I have that authority. I have the wonderful opportunity to, not only be a mother the my children, but I'm also their teacher. Homeschooling or not, that's my job. My calling. I set the tone, the mood, the focus for the day and I feel like I've been missing the mark.
 
I read a blog past, this morning, from Perfectly Imperfect that tugged on my heart strings. She writes:
 
"You have too much.
Of everything.
Your need for nothing destroys your need for me."
 
So that's what I'm thinking about today.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment