Monday, November 12, 2012

Joy

"I have spoken these things to you so that My joy may be in you and your joy may be complete."
John 15:11
 
 
I am going through the devotional book called, Praying for My Family. Let's be honest here, sometimes what I read goes in one ear and out the other. Too often I forget what I have read as soon as the book is closed. I hope today that it isn't the case.
 

 
When you become a parent, you start thinking a lot about your legacy. You swear up and down, "I'll never..." or "I'm going to always..." or "No matter what..." For the honey and I, that conversation began way before our children ever entered our lives. And I can say, we've succeeded thus far in the big things. Somewhere between the sleepless nights, tantrums, missing child handbook (they came with their own personalized one, right?), those "I'll nevers" get pushed aside and prioritized. Not the big ones, necessarily, but the small ones. Those are the ones my children are aware of now and it has nothing to do with child-rearing, but with my attitude and disposition as their mommy.
 
Need we mommies, wives not forget that our "joyful spirit serves as a powerful example" to our children and our husband. That's what they're going to remember about us- all the day to day things, like our attitude. Are we radiating joy? Will they radiate joy when the tough days find their way to them? They will find their way. Will their faith and relationship with God remain their constant? When I think about the memories I pray my children will one day have of me, as they're walking hand and hand with their fiance, planning their life, I pray that their mother's joy made an imprint on their life.
 
If we were to have Proverbs 31:28 at the forefront of our minds, how would that change us, our family dynamic? "Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her"
 
 
Let me end with this prayer~
 
"Dear Lord, You have blessed me with a loving family; make me thankful, loving, responsible, and wise. I praise You, Father, for the gift of Your Son and for the gift of salvation. Let me be a joyful Christian and a worthy example, this day and every day that I live. Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment