Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Too much table


This weekend, I found two occasional tables on craigslist. Both were from Bombay Company, so they were solid, but pretty scratched and stained. I couldn't wait to paint them.

My husband and I live in a townhome, so space is limited. A couple of years ago, we decided that we needed to start living with things that worked in our home and stop holding onto certain pieces of furniture that may or may not work in our next place. Letting go has been fun. I think I make a trip to Goodwill or put something curbside at least every other week. It's so freeing. Of course, I currently have three dining room tables, but that's another story. Live and learn, right?

We had a fairly large end table, from Ikea. It's been a nightstand for our master bedroom and an end table in our living room. It was just taking up too much space and needed to be traded out. It was actually our last piece of Ikea furniture. I guess we're growing up. The table sat next to our ginormous La-Z-Boy, which I hope to someday be able to switch out as well...Just have to convince my husband that you can take a nap in a pretty linen chair too :) So far, he's not convinced :)

Two bulky things next to each other in a small living room just wasn't working. For some reason, this is one of the only pictures I can find of the previous end table and it's blurry...


So, I ended up keeping one of the end tables. I'm still working on styling it. I'd love a blue and white lamp...some fresh pink roses, but here's the after~ complete with a broken lamp and a faux plant. Just keepin it real, folks.

 

The other end table, I painted with milk paint and it turned out looking a little "coastal" to me. I don't happen to have a coastal home, but I was really pleased with the finished product. I think I get so stuck on painting things to way I would want them in my own home, that I don't branch out. So I'm working on that. This was my first attempt...

 

 
 
 
 
I just put this end table on craigslist today. Please message me if you're interested!

No comments:

Post a Comment