Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Mirror Mirror




For about two weeks now, I've had an eye infection. I Googled it and had convinced myself that I had waited too long and was about to go blind. It still took me a week and a half into it to surrender to wearing my glasses. I've never been comfortable wearing them. Maybe it's because my eyes look like dots behind my coke bottle lenses. Maybe it's because they're constantly crooked. Maybe it's because they remind me of the awful maroon glasses my parents allowed me to get. I had freckles, red hair that I didn't know what to do with, and maroon glasses. Triple whammies. I still hold that against them. I tried to find a picture of me sporting them... Unfortunately, they're all displayed and framed at my mom's house. Darn it.

I haven't ever seen myself as a vain person. Self conscious and insecure? Yes. I'm nearly 30 and I think I'm just now realizing that I've wasted a lot of time worrying about what other people are going to think of me. Worrying about what's going to happen next and what does it matter? God has always been quick to show me where I need Him and He has been faithful to be with me where ever I am. Sometimes I am resistant and the shepherding hurts. I think I know best. Other times it's easy, like He's been preparing me all along.

I pray my children spend their time more wisely than I. I pray they are quick to get that dirt off their shoulders. I pray they always feel God's bumpers surrounding them. There is nothing more comforting.

 
 
 
Jesus Calling. July 31st~

No comments:

Post a Comment