Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Dining table


My friend Brittany asked me to transform a dining table that was given to her. Free! Don't you love free furniture? I find it's extra special when it's free :)

Her family of five is about to move. They are selling their current dining table and was looking for more of a farmhouse-style table for their new home.

Here is a picture of their current dining table. You'll see that this is a totally different step for them. An exciting one it is!



I am so honored to have been able to paint the table where so many wonderful family memories will be made...stories shared...a table where three little brothers will grow up around. I love it!

Here are a few pictures of the transformation process...You can't tell from the picture, but this table was covered in glitter and stickers :)
 




Distressed, waiting for a nice, clear coat of wax.



And here it is complete. What a beauty she is.



I encouraged Brittany to write each of the boys names in sharpie underneath the table where they will sit. Each boy is sure to make their "mark" in their very spot with sweet little rub marks. I need to do this :)



Thanks, Brittany! This was a fun project for me.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment